I had my first Coachella Festival experience this year at the Amuse x Prism Festival Kick-off event hosted by Amuse Society and Prism Boutique. Team Pixi (a.k.a. myself and Pixi's national educator, Rochelle de los Santos) was invited to spread lots of glow by offering guests complimentary touch ups and a swag bag of some of Pixi Beauty's greatest hits, including their newly-released Sun Serum, a lightweight hydrator with SPF 30 and a lip balm in the lid. Partygoers also enjoyed small bites and drinks, music from DJ/model Pamela Katz, all the clothing and accessories needed for a fashionable festival experience at Prism's Pop Up boutique, and a photo booth. I can't thank Amuse and Prism enough for inviting us! We hope to be back next year. Photography by Stefanie Vinsel (except the last two).
Winter skin got your down? With awards season among us and many a celebrity sporting that elusive red carpet glow, I thought I'd share some of my favorite products to help bring your skin back to life during these harsh winter months.
Celebrities flock to Kate's medi spa clinic in LA to prep skin for award shows, movie premieres and anything else involving a red carpet and camera flashes. You can have her take-home version of the most coveted treatment for radiant, glowing skin in the palm of your hand. Watch tired skin and fine lines immediately transform to celeb-worthy perfection with the help of PFC-Oxygen, hyaluronic acid and radiant boosting botanicals.
This is another spa-at-home product that I use which delivers powerful doses of glycolic acid to retexturize and smooth skin while I sleep. It also allows my serums and moisturizers to reach deep down into the dermis for better results. Right now Costco has a month's supply for $15. Get them before they're gone!
With SPF 15, this makes it a great choice for daytime foundation. I use it both day and night when I want a youthful glow to my skin. The amazing technology in this product illuminates, reduces pores and gives my skin the perfect amount of coverage without feeling heavy or greasy.
The mecca of highlighters that is Becca Cosmetics released a compact version of their cult favorite, Shimmering Skin Perfector. Now I can throw this in my bag and touch up my cheekbones for luminous skin all day long. I especially love their 'Rose Gold' color but believe me, there is a perfect color for every skintone! I also have 'Moonstone' and 'Pearl' in my kit. Their powder versions of these highlighters are equally amazing if that's more your jam.
We all want supermodel eyes right?! I love the versatility of this golden ivory color because you can wear it alone for wide-awake-perfectly-highlighted eyes, as a base underneath your favorite shadows, or as a finishing touch for a bit of shimmer on the lids and/or brow bone. And it's $5.00 so you have no excuse not to buy.
Keep your glowing effort going by spraying this mulit-functional kit staple of mine on your face before and after your makeup application. It hydrates skin and also sets makeup and you can touch up your look with a quick spritz throughout the day and night for lasting luminosity.
Alright girl...get out there, grab and glow. In need of any other winter beauty fixes? Shoot me an email or post a comment on my Facebook or Instagram @fashionablefete and I'll be happy to help!
As a makeup artist, most of my time spent on clients often involves corrective measures- concealing undereye circles, covering blemishes, evening out skintone, and on and on. So when someone with great skin sits in my chair it's like the hallelujiah chorus goes off in my head because my job has suddenly become WAY easier.
The good news? I present one of my favorite solutions to helping you achieve better skin, which in turn results in your makeup looking that much better because you won't have to layer on as much and it will actually last longer as well: Drink your veggies. Not only are vegetables and certain fruits great for maintaining a healthy body and increasing energy levels, but they contain powerful vitamins and antioxidants that help to clear acne, remove those aforementioned dark circles, and give skin a radiant glow, to name just a few. Check out this article from celeb facialist, Joanna Vargas, which gives her delicious recipes for at-home concoctions and explains what the different ingredients help combat. You can also take advantage of the many juicing outlets like Pressed Juicery and Nektar Juice Bar popping up for all us busy mommas and ladies-about-town. Now go get your glow on girl!
On the chic heels of another wrap to Paris Fashion Week, I'm inspired to share some of my must-have French skincare products...found in none other than their local pharmacies. Ironic, no? Ok so before I begin, I must admit that the last time I was in France I was not yet into skincare the way I am now. I walked past several or those pharmacies, with their glowing green signs, the same way I would walk by a CVS or Walgreens here because who cares right?! W-r-o-n-g. They are goldmines for anyone who knows anything about skincare. Truth be told, all of these products I have since discovered (and with whom I've become obsessed) while back home in the United States. In other words- good news for Americans as all of these brands can now be found here. Whether in-store or online, read on to find out my favorite French pharmacy finds and where you can get them.
1. Bioderma Sensibio H2O - This gentle makeup remover is unlike any product I've used. It's a cleansing water, as opposed to all the oil-based removers out there. I actually use it as a first-step cleanser becasue it is extremely gentle but if you have sensitive skin this needs to be on your shelf like, yesterday.
2. Caudalie Glycolic Peel - Your complexion is only 10 minutes away from tighter pores, better texture and a burst of radiance. This brand uses Viniferine technology which is found in grapevine sap so yes, you are reaping the benefits of French wine country. #yeswayrosé
3. Embryolisse Lait-Cremé Concentré - It's a miracle cream. Use it as a primer, moisturizer, makeup remover or mask. It's a staple in my makeup artist kit and an excellent travel companion as it alone does the job of many. If you're wondering how a supermodel's skin appears to be otherworldly, chances are they were slathered with this product backstage at the photoshoot or runway.
4. La Roche-Posay Anthelios Sunscreen - If you're over heavy, thick facial suncare products than look no further than this ultra lightweight, ultra effective product. Once applied, it's practically untraceable which makes it perfect for layering under makeup, or using on kids and husbands with little to no fuss.
5. Klorane Dry Shampoo - On a recent trip to New York City I stopped by CO Bigelow, the oldest pharmacy around, which stocks some hard-to-find brands like Klorane. One of my favorite travel tips for weekend getaways is to keep luggage light by ditching conventional shampoo and conditioner and opting to bring dry shampoo instead! It keeps hair fresh and adds the perfect amount of texture for those second day styles often seen on celebs and it-girls. Enter Klorane. It's sulfate/paraben/sodium chloride free, and also comes in colors to mask gray hairs.
6. L'Occitane Immortelle Precious Cleansing Foam - I can't quite categorize this as a pharmacy brand, but it is French, so it gets to be in this post. After removing makeup and debris with Bioderma, I cleanse with this foam only to find it leaves my skin soft and supple. No stripping of natural oils, no harsh ingredients. It's what skincare dreams are made of.
Well now that you've got the secrets behind those sought after female French complexions, try one of these out and let me know what you think. Or by all means please oh please go inside those pharmacies if you find yourself in Paris or Rome (yep, I ignored them there also). I know I will!
Am I missing any products? Post in the comments and share the love. And until next time beauties...adieu, au revoir