On the chic heels of another wrap to Paris Fashion Week, I'm inspired to share some of my must-have French skincare products...found in none other than their local pharmacies. Ironic, no? Ok so before I begin, I must admit that the last time I was in France I was not yet into skincare the way I am now. I walked past several or those pharmacies, with their glowing green signs, the same way I would walk by a CVS or Walgreens here because who cares right?! W-r-o-n-g. They are goldmines for anyone who knows anything about skincare. Truth be told, all of these products I have since discovered (and with whom I've become obsessed) while back home in the United States. In other words- good news for Americans as all of these brands can now be found here. Whether in-store or online, read on to find out my favorite French pharmacy finds and where you can get them.
1. Bioderma Sensibio H2O - This gentle makeup remover is unlike any product I've used. It's a cleansing water, as opposed to all the oil-based removers out there. I actually use it as a first-step cleanser becasue it is extremely gentle but if you have sensitive skin this needs to be on your shelf like, yesterday.
2. Caudalie Glycolic Peel - Your complexion is only 10 minutes away from tighter pores, better texture and a burst of radiance. This brand uses Viniferine technology which is found in grapevine sap so yes, you are reaping the benefits of French wine country. #yeswayrosé
3. Embryolisse Lait-Cremé Concentré - It's a miracle cream. Use it as a primer, moisturizer, makeup remover or mask. It's a staple in my makeup artist kit and an excellent travel companion as it alone does the job of many. If you're wondering how a supermodel's skin appears to be otherworldly, chances are they were slathered with this product backstage at the photoshoot or runway.
4. La Roche-Posay Anthelios Sunscreen - If you're over heavy, thick facial suncare products than look no further than this ultra lightweight, ultra effective product. Once applied, it's practically untraceable which makes it perfect for layering under makeup, or using on kids and husbands with little to no fuss.
5. Klorane Dry Shampoo - On a recent trip to New York City I stopped by CO Bigelow, the oldest pharmacy around, which stocks some hard-to-find brands like Klorane. One of my favorite travel tips for weekend getaways is to keep luggage light by ditching conventional shampoo and conditioner and opting to bring dry shampoo instead! It keeps hair fresh and adds the perfect amount of texture for those second day styles often seen on celebs and it-girls. Enter Klorane. It's sulfate/paraben/sodium chloride free, and also comes in colors to mask gray hairs.
6. L'Occitane Immortelle Precious Cleansing Foam - I can't quite categorize this as a pharmacy brand, but it is French, so it gets to be in this post. After removing makeup and debris with Bioderma, I cleanse with this foam only to find it leaves my skin soft and supple. No stripping of natural oils, no harsh ingredients. It's what skincare dreams are made of.
Well now that you've got the secrets behind those sought after female French complexions, try one of these out and let me know what you think. Or by all means please oh please go inside those pharmacies if you find yourself in Paris or Rome (yep, I ignored them there also). I know I will!
Am I missing any products? Post in the comments and share the love. And until next time beauties...adieu, au revoir